Kerribee Park Rodeo Grounds are open year round as a quiet camping ground for travelers and holiday makers (no permanent residents). From November to March the camping ground is also open to genuine seasonal workers. The camping grounds offer:
NO BOOKINGS ARE TAKEN FOR CAMPING SITES
The purchase of a weekend pass permits the holder to camp for the weekend subject to conditions and fees. There are no POWERED sites available on this weekend, but generators are allowed between the hours of 8am & 8pm. Please note that the grounds have a lot of people in close proximity and tolerance is appreciated.
OPEN FIRES ARE NOT ALLOWED - A limited number of drums and firewood will be available.
INDIVIDUAL WEEKEND TICKETS ARE PURCHASED AT THE GATE - NO PRE PURCHASE AVAILABLE.
FAMILY WEEKEND PASSES CAN BE PRE PURCHASED THROUGH SELECT SHOPS IN MAREEBA 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE RODEO. see tickets tab for locations.
There are also hotels, motels and caravan parks in Mareeba and surrounding areas. For information on local accommodation please visit the Mareeba Heritage & Information Centre website.
Being less than hour from Cairns or Port Douglas, visitors could also arrange for accommodation in these areas and drive to the Rodeo Grounds on each day. The Tropical Tablelands Tourism website provides more information on accommodation options in these areas.
Kerribee Park is private property. The following Rules and Conditions apply to allow everyone to have an enjoyable and happy holiday. Please be considerate of other campers.
1. Management reserves the right to:
2. Management accepts no responsibility whatsoever for caravans, camps, motorhomes or vehicles and their contents whilst they remain at Kerribee Park.
3. Your overnight stay terminates at 10am the following day, a further day will be charged after this time.
4. Camping Fees are payable in advance, not arrears.
5. No undue noise after 9pm. All occupants have the right to enjoy the peace & quiet & have a good nights' sleep.
6. No visitors after 10pm. Occupants are responsible for their guests' behaviour and actions.
7. Campers must keep their site clean and tidy. Rubbish must be suitably wrapped and deposited in the bins provided.
8. Illegal drugs, offensive language and excessive use of alcohol will not be tolerated.
9. No open fires or noisy power tools are permitted in the camping area. Generators may be used but only during certain times. During the Rodeo Weekend a limited number of drums and firewood will be supplied.
10.Dogs are permitted, however they must be on a chain or lead and under the strict control of the owner at all times. All droppings are to be collected and disposed of by owners. During the Rodeo weekend the committee ask that you leave dogs at home.
11. The wild kangaroo that graze at Kerribee Park are a night time tourist attraction and therefore must not be disturbed in any way.
12. No maintenance or repairs are to be executed without the prior approval of management.
13. Dump point is available for portable toilets and night buckets. Please do not use the ordinary toilets or hand basins for this purpose.
14. Parents are responsible for their children's conduct and behaviour. Any unruly behaviour or conduct will not be tolerated and any damages will be the responsibility of the parents. Children are not allowed to roam through the park unsupervised. Children under 8 years must be accompanied by an adult when using the amenities.
15. Approved helmets must be worn when riding pushbikes in the park.
16. Speed limit is 20 kilometres per hour.
17. Any complaints or comments must be referred to the Caretakers (not Volunteers).