Our campground is now closed for our wet season and maintenance shut down. The grounds will open 1st April weather dependent.
Scroll down the page for other accommodation options in the Mareeba area.
Please read all of the information on this page as camping times, prices and rules change over the Rodeo weekend
Kerribee Park Rodeo Grounds are open year round as a quiet camping ground for travelers and holiday makers
(NO PERMANENT RESIDENTS).
NO BOOKINGS ARE TAKEN FOR CARAVAN/CAMPING SITES
see bottom of page for full list of Camping Rules
Weekend Pass ALLOWS camping (conditions apply) and hot showers over the Rodeo Weekend, and free car parking inside the grounds. A weekend pass will get you into all rodeo events.
NON POWERED CAMPING SITES ONLY - THURSDAY - SUNDAY
NO BOOKINGS - FIRST IN BEST DRESSED
OPEN FIRES ARE NOT ALLOWED
The committee asks that you leave your dogs at home over the rodeo weekend. If you are a caravaner then the dog must be left at the caravan and not taken in the public areas.
There are also hotels, motels and caravan parks in Mareeba and surrounding areas. For information on local accommodation please visit the Mareeba Heritage & Information Centre website.
Being less than hour from Cairns or Port Douglas, visitors could also arrange for accommodation in these areas and drive to the Rodeo Grounds on each day. The Tropical Tablelands Tourism website provides more information on accommodation options in these areas.
Kerribee Park is private property. The following rules and conditions apply to ALL so as to allow everyone to have an enjoyable and happy stay. Please be considerate of other people.
1. Management reserves the right to:
2. Tent camping is only permitted for a maximum of 2 nights unless permission for extension is given by the management
3. Management accepts NO responsibility whatsoever for caravans, camps, motorhomes or vehicles and their contents whilst they remain at Kerribee Park.
4. Your overnight stay terminates at 10am the following day, a further day will be charged after this time.
5. Camping fees are payable in advance, NOT arrears.
6. NO undue noise after 9pm. No visitors after 10pm. Occupants are responsible for their guests’ behaviour and actions.
7. PARENTS are responsible for their children’s conduct &behaviour. Unruly behaviour or conduct will not be tolerated & any damages will be the responsibility of the parents. Children are not allowed to roam through the park or play on grandstands unsupervised. Children under 8 years must be accompanied by an adult when using the amenities.
8. DOGS are permitted. However, they must be on a chain or lead and under the strict control of the owner at all times. All droppings are to be collected and disposed of by owners.
9. The wild kangaroos and wallabies that graze at Kerribee Park must NOT be disturbed.
10. NO open fires are permitted in the camping area. Small off-ground fire pits are OK
11. NO maintenance or repairs are to be executed without the prior approval by the management.
12. Generators & power tools can only be used in the camp ground with limited hours and at management’s approval. Generators cannot be used after 8pm over the Rodeo Weekend.
13. Illegal drugs, offensive language and excessive use of alcohol will NOT be tolerated.
14. Campers MUST keep their site clean and tidy. Rubbish must be suitably wrapped and deposited in the bins provided.
15. Speed limit is 10 kilometres per hour in the camping area.
16. NO commercial business may be carried out on/from this site without prior permission from the management.
17. Star pickets can be dangerous and are NOT to be used as tent pegs on this site.
18. Please ask BEFORE changing from your allocated site. (That vacant site may already be allocated).
19. Permanent connection to a pressurised tap is not available.
20. No set sprinklers to be used at any time, hand held hoses only please.
21. NO drones are to be flown at Kerribee Park.
22. Quad bikes are not permitted to be driven around the park without permission from the management.
23. All caravan drawbars must face the road. This is a legal requirement in case of fire.
24. The tap water at Kerribee Park is channel water. There is filtered channel water available at the laundry and behind the competitors’ toilets. Only containers, not caravan tanks, can be filled with the filtered water.
Any complaints must be referred to the secretary in person at the secretary’s office or by phone 4092 1583, between 10am and 2pm Monday to Friday.